Getting prepped for some barbequing on your charcoal grill this upcoming season? Here are some safety hazards you should know about when using your charcoal grill.

The carbon monoxide from the charcoal emissions is very deadly, so keep the grill outside at all times, and never keep it inside your house, even if your house is well ventilated. Carbon monoxide is odorless and colorless, so you won’t know its affecting you until it’s too late.

Only use barbeque starter fluid as an option to ignite the fire, and stay back from the open flame. If you were to dump the starter fluid on the open flame, the flame could follow the fluid back to the container from where you’re dumping it, and ignite it, thus causing serious injury.

When you clean the grill, make sure that none of the ashes are warm, and put them in a plastic container and add water to keep them cool. These are just a few things to keep in mind when you are preparing to start your barbequing season again.

 

error: Content is protected !!